This is a page with show descriptions for presenters, promoters, and talent buyers.
The Touring Ensemble
All performances have a cast including 5-8 cellos, and a world-class backing band featuring:
- Tyrone Hendrix (Stevie Wonder, Prince, Liv Warfield) on drums
- Farnell Newton (Aretha Franklin, Jill Scott, Bootsie Collins) on trumpet
- JP Downer on bass
- Alex Milsted on keys
Current Program Options
- Purple Reign: Cello Project play the music of Prince. Featuring Saeeda Wright, JANE and Tyrone Hendrix
- Cello Project play Radiohead's OK Computer and more. Featuring Patti King (The Shins)
- Infinite Variety (the historic, quintessential Cello Project program: a wild ride from classical to jazz to pop to metal, and everything in between), usually with a guest singer on 4-5 songs, which could be anyone from Maiah Wynne, to Saeeda Wright, to JANE and many others. Click here for more info.
- Cello Project play the music of Elliott Smith (full-orchestral ensemble, usually all instrumental).
Education Outreach Options
Many (most?) members of the touring group have a strong background as professional educators. One of the cellists is a licensed ensemble adjudicator. Three of the members have worked or currently work in higher education and have decades of experience between them in planning lessons for all sizes and levels of ensemble. From standard demo/lectures, to master classes and breakout ensemble work building collaborative performances, let us give your community's musical educators an inspiring break for the day or two while we come through your town!
High Resolution images and other resources
"The Portland Cello Project always does well for us in Seattle. In fact, I think we could add another concert next time through. The band's imaginative set list and arrangements appeal to all walks of life: the casual listener, the adventurous classical folks, hipsters and the 'heads' out there. Patrons continue to ask about them throughout the season." --Scott Giampino. Triple Door and Benaroya Hall
"Doug and the entire PCP crew are always a joy to work with. Their thoughtful and carefully crafted sets always leave the audience hungry for more.” --Matt King, Talent Buyer for True West Presents.
“The Portland Cello Project are the most versatile group I have ever booked. They can go from covering Rihanna at a down-and-dirty dance party in a rock club to performing a Benjamin Britten piece in an ornate 2000 seat theater with ease, while appealing to audiences of all ages.” --Matthew McLean. Monqui Presents
We have had so many wonderful and positive comments on the show. People really enjoyed Kat and the [Cello Project collaborative] work with Momentum Dance Collective. Really a great night that hit on so many levels. I can’t thank you enough for all you did to make this happen. It was really a special night. --Jason Hodges. Anchorage Concert Association.
Little Revolution Artists
Little Revolution Artists